Google Analytics Code

Friday, December 2, 2011

First Frost

As I let the dog out this morning I was startled by the beauty of our first frost (or, the first one I'm seeing). Every piece of green remaining was dusted with sparkling white ice crystals, including this potted oregano plant.


This morning's frost reminded me of a book sitting in my Amazon Wish List: The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto. The premise is that when concentrated specific positive thoughts are directed at water as it freezes, the thoughts impact the physical formation of the ice crystals (which look like snowflakes). Conversely, negative thoughts and polluted water have ice crystals that freeze very differently. Using high-speed photography, Emoto captured photos of these formed ice crystal patterns. In the spirit of transparency, I should note that various other studies attempting to replicate Emoto's work have proven unsuccessful in yielding similar results, while others have confirmed his findings. Take from this what you may. I find the simple act of contemplating the possibility that thoughts and emotions can directly participate in physical manifestation fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment